Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zombie Baby

I went back to work yesterday. It's not the same as before, I just have a few projects that I will work on, and primarily from home, but I did spend five hours in the office yesterday. It felt pretty good to put on a button-up shirt and pay too much for parking, to be on the phone and to crunch numbers. I felt like Career Mom Barbie, pumping breast milk in my old office. If anyone other than Scott had been home with Zephyr, I never would've made it those five hours. It'll be interesting to see how long I can keep it up, though. Next week I think I might take Zephyr out to a field visit with me. We won't have to get out of the car.


Zephyr's latest trick is this thing where he acts like a baby zombie. It only happens when Scott is holding him (and he's hungry). He will violently lurch forward toward Scott's chest, mouth agape, and just gum at him like a hungry baby zombie. It's really hilarious.

And the last update (they are few this week), we have found that Zephyr loves being in an exersaucer. It's nice to be able to have him in the kitchen while I work, without him getting bored in a matter of minutes. He even seems to be aware of cause and effect, mashing buttons that name animals and mimic their sounds. It's so wonderful to see his little gears turning.

Sorry for the brevity - weekly updates are only as thrilling as the milestones themselves. Not that it's not a total rollercoaster...

5 comments:

  1. As long as you keep sharing photos, I'm satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about the "rooting," wherein they just kind of weasel around on your shoulder, mouth open, snuffling for a nipple. Sounds hilarious and kind of adorable. Like baby piglets looking for truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a cute post full of cute photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE ELEPHANT SHIRT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That moss photo is one for the scrapbook for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks for saying nice stuff about my baby.